when i went back to my july wrap-up and tbr, i realized it started the way most of my wrap-up and tbrs start : with a sigh and a quiet disappointment in myself because “i didn’t read as many books as i wish i did” or something along those lines. after july, i changed my goodreads reading goal from 70 books to 50 because i came to the realization that i don’t care how many books i read. i got so obsessed with the number that i actually didn’t even care anymore about whether or not i was enjoying myself.
it was unhealthy and so i decided to change that. i just want to enjoy myself because that’s all that matters for me when it comes to reading : ENJOYMENT. i also haven’t written a review in a while and i definitely wanna get back into it which is why reading out of enjoyment means a lot to me.
i went on holiday in august and i didn’t read a lot, i only started reading again in september and at the beginning of october ! here’s what i read :
- save me (bts webtoon)
- j’irais cracher sur vos tombes by boris vian
- mage and demon queen (webtoon by color_LES)
- lore olympus by rachel smythe
- kafka on the shore by haruki murakami
- the picture of dorian gray by oscar wilde
this list hasn’t moved since july hahah
- red, white and royal blue by casey mcquiston
- petits contes de printemps by soseki
- atonement by ian mcewan
- the raven king by maggie stiefvater
- queen of air and darkness by cassandra clare
- a conjuring of light by VE schwab
- opal by jennifer l. armentrout
what have you been reading ?
do you have a reading goal ? how do you feel about it ? do you ever feel pressured to reach a certain amount of books read ?
please let me know below !