June was a great month for watching TV shows. While the school year doesn’t give me all that much time to truly indulge in some careless binging time, I’m interning this month, meaning I don’t have any homework to do when I get home (thank God). When it comes to TV shows, I’m pretty open to watch anything and everything, there are no limits, no comfort zones. I’m willing to try it all. So this list is a bit all over the place. It’s not really recommendations (although I could absolutely do that if that’s something you’d be interested in) but I tried to implement a few “for lovers of” in my lists.
1) The Haunting of Hill House Season 1 (4/5 stars)
Recommended for lovers of horror who also love to shed (more than) a couple tears. Although this is a pretty scary TV show (I’d rate it at a 6.5/10, 10 being The Most Terrifying Tv Show To Ever Exist ?), it’s also a beautiful story about family and acceptance. There’s something about it that is heartbreaking yet hopeful and I really enjoyed it.
2) Peaky Blinders Season 1 (3.5/5 stars)
Finally finished season 1 and while it was good, it didn’t blow my mind. That being said, I’m currently watching season 2 and it is truly Great. With Peaky, I feel like it’s the atmosphere and the characters that really do it for me. Some moments make me gasp and have me on the edge of my seat. Let’s see what the next season bring !
3) Killing Eve Season 2 (4/5 stars)
I’m rating Season 2 at 4/5 stars because if I compare it to Season 1 (5/5 stars), I didn’t like it as much. That being said, Killing Eve is a groundbreaking TV show with incredibly complex, layered female characters with a side of psychopathy and palpable tension, I’m in. Although like I said, I preferred Season 1 but Season 2 is NOT to be looked down on. Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh are honestly two of the greatest actresses of our generation and they should be treated and respected as such. I adore this show but I do wish it had ended a bit different because it felt a bit redundant.
4) The Society Season 1 (4/5 stars)
While the premise is interesting and compelling I feel like the execution lacks a bit. This TV show really has the potential to be That Bitch when it comes to plot and I do feel let down with season 1 (much like Under The Dome, for the sake of comparison). That being said, the characters’ behaviors are intriguing and this idea that they have to essentially emulate a new society in order to survive is inthralling, for sure. But let’s be real, the Only Reason I’m staying is called Grizz and that’s that on that (okay, I do adore Kathryn Newton too). About Grizz (because I wouldn’t be true to myself if I didn’t gush about him) : he just made me remember how much I stan Soft Boys (granted one of my most recent posts are my Top 5 Fave Male Characters in YA and I do admit they are ALL soft, no exceptions) but God, do I adore Grizz Visser.
Currently Watching ✨
- Euphoria because you better believe I will support Zendaya until I die. I don’t have a fully formed opinion yet. Euphoria is shocking in a way but it also feels realistic and not like a show trying to emulate high schoolers (hum hum every show I ever watched while in high school).
- Peaky Blinders because Tommy gives me strong Kaz Brekker vibes and Liv @ StoriesForCoffee gushed about it on Twitter and I have to continue watching it.
- Mindhunter : lovers of true crime with an eerie atmosphere. If you want true crime, this is perfect for you. However, for me personally, I can only do one episode at a time (like one a week) because I find really dark and I’m not always in a good mindset to be watching something like this.
- Friends : I watch Friends while eating breakfast and I truly do enjoy it. I never watched Friends in a linear way and I know this show has been hyped 5ever and everybody is tired of it and I get it. BUT, Friends is a nice reminder of what friendship is supposed to be like (loving, supportive and healthy) and I do adore the dynamics between the characters. That being said, I’m here for Chandler and Phoebe.
To Be Watched✨
- Barry Season 1 because Bill Hader and there never was a clearer answer
- Suits Season 1 because I am a law student after all and I wanna not only live vicariously but also pretend my life will be as exciting as Harvey’s.
- Big Little Lies Season 2 : for lovers of murder, women supporting women and Zoe Kravitz. Meryl Streep is part of the cast of season 2 and while she might not be everyone’s fave, I do admire her acting skills.
What TV shows have you been watching ?
Do you have a favorite ? Let me know below !