Credits to whoever started this tag, you’re great.
1. BEST BOOK YOU’VE READ SO FAR IN 2019
OOH, that’s a great question. Two books so far : Unpregnant by Jenni Hendriks and Ted Caplan and The Wicked King by Holly Black. These two were not only beautifully written but also SO MUCH FUN to get through and I think that sometimes, I get a little bit too obsessed with achieving my reading goal that I forget how fun reading is when you’re plunged head first into the best fiction ever.
2. BEST SEQUEL YOU’VE READ SO FAR IN 2019.
Oops I’m repeating myself (already) but The Wicked King by Holly Black. I’m relatively new to Holly’s writing but she’s never disappointed me and TWK was an absolute blast to read.
3. NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN’T READ YET, BUT WANT TO.
OOF. So many books, so little time, right ? Check out my Top 10 New Releases of 2019 here. If I had to pick one, it’d be…
4. MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR.
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo !!! It comes out on October 1st and I’m sooo excited.
5. BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT.
- Love and Other Curses by Michael Thomas Ford
- Slayer by Kiersten White
- Romanov by Nadine Brandes
- Again but Better by Christine Riccio
6. BIGGEST SURPRISE.
7. FAVORITE NEW AUTHOR (DEBUT OR NEW TO YOU).
Okay so I said Holly Black already but I also read the Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and Taylor Jenkins Reid’s writing style completely won me over.
8. NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH.
Daemon Black from Obsidian, I said it. He’s stuck somewhere between being insufferable and really attractive.
9. NEWEST FAVORITE CHARACTER.
Louise Le Blanc from Serpent & Dove because she’s an Absolute Badass.
10. BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY.
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, for sure. Didn’t expect that ending to hit me like a train but it did.
11. BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY.
Unpregnant by Jenni and Ted and The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven. Although both of these are outside my comfort zone (I don’t tend to read contemporaries YA), I’m just so happy these books exist.
12. FAVORITE BOOK TO FILM ADAPTATION YOU SAW THIS YEAR.
I haven’t seen any !
13. FAVORITE REVIEW YOU’VE WRITTEN THIS YEAR.
I really liked writing the review for Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin and The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven. I think it’s because I enjoyed the themes tackled in these books and even though I didn’t always enjoy EVERYTHING about it, they just resonated with me a lot.
14. MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU’VE BOUGHT SO FAR THIS YEAR (OR RECEIVED)
15. WHAT BOOKS DO YOU NEED TO READ BY THE END OF THE YEAR?
Ohhh so many books. I really want to finish a few series like Lux, The Raven Cycle, All For The Game, Vampire Academy etc. I also want to keep up with new releases which I know I will fail because I’m not very good at being organized.
That’s it for today ! I know this is a pretty old tag and I think most people have done it ! What’s a great book you’ve read so far this year ?