I don’t exactly know who created this tag but I found it on Anushka @ Going Through Books !
I didn’t know that having a reading slump came hand in hand with having a blogging slump. I’ve been really bad, I’ll admit it, I’m sorry. With exams coming up, it’s a bit harder for me to post regularly !
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I pick between 3 and 6 books and I start to read them. Strangely enough, I’m better at handling my TBR if I’m picking/reading several books at a time.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I have a really hard time DNF-ing books I don’t like, especially if it has good reviews because I’ve had the experience of wanting to put down the book, kept on reading it and it eventually got better. If I’m halfway, chances are I will finish it but who knows ? If I truly hate it, I won’t keep going.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Either I will read some graphic novels, since they’re easier to get through or I’ll fail 🙂 I don’t really care about failing my reading challenge. Sure it’s ugly on my Goodreads account but other than that, it doesn’t matter.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
I hate it but I also… don’t care ? For example, I was reading Vampire Academy and the covers were matching until I bought Blood Promise with this ugly red cover and it got under my skin for a couple minutes. Then I got over it. The covers don’t really matter, I just wanna read.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
My best friend ! I feel like we have pretty similar reading tastes and even if she loves and I hate a book (humhum ACOTAR humhum), we can generally agree on some points we think are great/not-so-great.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I don’t start crying. I physically cannot start crying if I’m in public. Not happening. Hypothetically, if that book was life-changing, I’d either put it down and save it for later or just start crying, and get it over with. Who cares ?
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
Probably not. I’ll either watch a review on Booktube of said book and if that doesn’t trigger anything, I might re-read it.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
“I’m sorry, I don’t like to let people borrow my books. It’s probably because of that girl in 7th grade who NEVER returned my Princess Diaries copies.”
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
Oh, did you mean : me right now ? I have no idea. I’m probably gonna be picking up 5 books at the same time and see how it goes. Just dive in, you know ?
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
I wait. My wallet is pretty empty at the moment, which is why I’m on a book-buying ban (and actually succeeding !!!).
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Well I bought QOAAD in December and… I still haven’t gotten to it. So probably between three and four months !